A good website is impossible without a good hosting. A number of different hosting providers grows bigger and bigger, and right now it’s easy to get lost in the ocean of a low-quality hosting that might offer cheap deals. So what web hosting company will actually fit your needs and will help boost site’s performance?
Luckily, web hosting company review have already investigated both Bluehost and Siteground and ready to show all benefits and disadvantages of these web hosting giants.
Bluehost was founded in 2003 and it is one of the most well-known web hosting companies with more than 2 million domains hosting worldwide. For more than a decade, this hosting is famous for its reasonable prices and good service.
There are many great things about Bluehost, which include:
- Bluehost company has an access to many important resources that small companies might just not have. It means, that they are able to hire the best professionals and provide the best customer support. Not every web hosting company could do that!
- Great pricing. Their prices are fairly considered one of the most affordable among other web hosting providers. They are probably the best host to start with, offering you some nice deals and features.
- Bluehost’s customer’s support is considered to be one of the best among hosting companies. You can contact a customer support team manager by phone, chat or e-mail, and generally, their support team is well-qualified and there are only a few complaints about their support system.
- Its security is reliable. Bluehost offers different tools like SpamAssassin, CloudFlare and SSH access, IP address blacklists to prevent your website from spam, trolling and hacking.
But if despite its pros, there are other things to consider before choosing this hosting:
- Bluehost’s average uptime is 99.90%. It means that that, unfortunately, your website might load slower than it has to, and that’s especially bad for large business. We’ve already mentioned about it in our BlueHost web hosting review before and some clients keep experiencing downtime from time to time.
- Bluehost sometimes charges you for things that other companies provide you for free. For example, Bluehost migration is 99.99$, while other hosting companies do it for free. Also, introductory lecture costs 79.99$, which isn’t the cheapest price at all.
- There are rules for “unlimited” data. If you go over if you go over 1,000 database table or 3GB total database, your account will be automatically deleted, so you always have to watch closely your current storage level.
Also, make sure to learn all advantages and disadvantages of cheap web hosting options.
Siteground was founded in 2004 and since then it has serviced more than 800,000 domain around the world. This web hosting company offers shared and cloud hosting and dedicated services.
This web hosting has a lot of great things to offer:
- Quick server performance. Siteground has 5 data centers around the globe that are based in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, and Singapore. That’s very important because the physical distance that your website’s data travels matters a lot. So if your customers come from different corners of the world, website’s speed won’t be a problem for them.
- Customer support is definitely one of the best among other web hosting companies. There are not only great experts working with their clients but also many other useful tools like tutorials and online documentation in the knowledge base that could help you out in almost any situation.
- Siteground website is easy to navigate and pretty straightforward for any customer. It’s user-friendly — everything is designed so that an average person can use their services without any problem.
- Siteground is a really strong provider when it comes to security and reliability.
But nothing is perfect, so here are cons of Siteground:
- Siteground is less affordable than other web hosting providers. Shared web hosting plans are pricey, especially if you lock yourself in for a year. Of course, you are paying for a good quality, but still, it’s a bit expensive.
- Plan limitations are pretty strict. They do limitation on disc space across all of their shared planes instead of databases and domains. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of Siteground hosting.
Of course, it’s always up to you to decide which hosting will work the best for you. Doing your own research is always helpful, and we hope our review helped you with making a decision!